[driverloader] Re: Unable to set ESSID

Emmanuel Carabott emm at onvol.net
Mon Oct 27 23:34:23 EST 2003

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have to report that I am experiencing exactly the same
problem as Paul, Driver installs okay, but I am unable to set the essid,
iwconfig reports no errors but it just doesn't get set. Also some other
operations such as setting up a specific channel generate an error

"Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :

            Set failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported

Apart from that everything shows great promise, when I load up the module,
the power led on my wireless lights up, so does the link (though no
blinking)

My system is Redhat 9, running kernel 2.4.22

And my network card is a Trendnet tew-401PC (PCMCIA card)

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance

 Well  done to all people involved in this project

Thanks in anticipation for any help,

Emmanuel