[driverloader] Re: Broadcom 14e4:4320, work well with 1.38!

Jan Slupski jslupski at email.com
Mon Nov 10 19:19:30 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Marc Boucher wrote:

> I believe that we have now found and fixed the problem whereby
> init consumes 100% of CPU under 2.6.0-test. Please upgrade
> to version 1.38 (which will appear on our website shortly)
> and let me know if it works fine or if you still have difficulties.

Yes!

I confirm that init problem is solved with 1.38 driverloader.

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunatelly there is another problem.
Up to now I was sure that they these are related, but now there is no more
init problem, and this remains.

It is much less seriuos. (But who know what is it's reason).

So:
I setup my buildin laptop keyboard to some speed.
For example:
 # kbdrate -d 250  -r 30
 Typematic Rate set to 30.0 cps (delay = 250 ms)

Before loading driverloader:
- I'm holding a key and it it is written at constant rate (probably of 30
cps...)

After loading driverloader (or, I think, after sending first packet via
wireless device after loading driverloader):

I'm observing something that I could name 'remote terminal effect'

- I'm holding one key, and it is written in some batches, eg
  10 letters, 250ms pause, 10 letter, etc.
- Any fast typing is just as you would work on a remote terminal (delays)
- Problem persist even after I unload the driverloader

- If this is not strange enough, I can get rid of this problem
  by issuing
   # service network restart
  (standard RedHat command, it doesn't up wifi interface, only ethernet)

I will try to see what 'service network restart' exactly do, and when
problem disapears, and report here.

Anybody can confirm my observations?

Jan

PS.
And yes, I am sure that I'm typing in local (not remote) terminal. ;)

 |_| | | | \|                          http://www.juljas.net