[driverloader] Hangs issuing mode

Nick Marques muzicman9382 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 09:21:50 EST 2003

Ok, I have had Driverloader 1.53 working perfectly fine before. I have
Slackware 9.1, Kernel 2.6.0, and an Intel Pro 2100. Broadcomm Chipset. so. I
reinstalled my system. and now, driverloader, when issuing the mode switch
(setting to ad-hoc), my system either locks up or just reboots. If I issue
the essid without setting the mode, it works fine. One time, it scrolls some
error really fast and constantly. and didn't stop, so I couldn't read it.

I've been doing:

Iwconfig eth0 essid home mode ad-hoc

That worked fine before.. I am using dhcp. so right after that, I usually
have to issue a dhcpcd so that the IP updates. Why won't it work now? I
didn't compile the kernel any differently that I know of. and this is the
first problem I've had with driverloader.

Any ideas??