[driverloader] Dell BCM4301 802.11b Driver on SuSE 9.0 NotWorking- License is running out..

Urs Mueller newsuser at bf-net.ch
Fri Jan 2 00:28:06 EST 2004

Charles Love sagte:
> bah,, who knows.. Im half ready to go and get a external card. but
> really want to use the one i paid more for :)

My first card was a pcmcia D-Link DWL-G650, hungs always the machine
while ejecting (with the madwifi-drivers, not tested with driverloader).
Also risking to break the antenna, lesser rates because of smaller
antenna and other things. Internal cards are much better.

> i tried again from home and its a no go..
>>> On my home access point its called [esid] "My System" or "Spaz
>>> System" with a Key of "1212121212" or "6666666666"

So you changed the settings at home with yast to the above?

You may save the "office"-settings first:
cd /etc/sysconfig/network/
cp ifcfg-wlan0 ifcfg-wlan0.office

Then you change the card with yast to your home settings
(your essid, your key) and then
cp ifcfg-wlan0 ifcfg-wlan0.home

Before you halt your system to use it at the other place, you
copy the apropriate ifcfg-wlan.* to ifcfg-wlan0.

You may also study the administration guide of your SuSE 9.
There is a chapter 8 about SCPM System configuration Profile
Management.

Hmm I like Linux, but the IBM configuration Tool for my
miniPCI-Card under Windows XP is really a nice thing.
Maybe someone writes a similar piece for Linux.

Bye, Urs