[driverloader] DriverLoader with latest 2.6.0 kernel?

Alexandre Cossette-Pacheco alexandre.cossette-pacheco at polymtl.ca
Mon Jan 5 15:20:25 EST 2004

Hi!

I have it working on a 2.6.0-mm1 kernel (I also have used it with a 2.6.0 and
a 2.6.0-test10 kernel without any problems). I am using Gentoo so I have an
hand-compiled kernel and I have had to build DriverLoader from the sources.
(dldrconfig did it without any problems). Found it much easier to setup on
2.6 than on 2.4.XX because 2.4 acpi support for my laptop is quite poor.

Anyway.. 2.6 just rocks.. I have been using it on different machines since
-test4 and I would never go back to 2.4 (except maybe for a server).

Cheers,
Alexandre