[driverloader] Intel pro 2001 wireless

kamran iranpour kamrani at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 01:29:03 EST 2004

Hi

I am a novice in linux. just got my first linux
machine with suse 9. I have a wireless network card in
that in addition to an ethernet card. I have been
trying to configure the wireless card but to no avail
so far. Wondering if someone could help me through. I
acquired a temporary license from linuxant and
driveloader v. 1.57.
Please keep in mind that I am not very much familiar
with the technicalities of wireless network cards.
Just
a fresh linux user. Much of what I have seen discussed
on this subject here is much too much over my head.
Thanks for your understanding.
I can see access point wlan0 but otherwise I can not
connect to the network. Here is the output of
iwconfig:
-------------------
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""  Nickname:"unknown"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412GHz  Bit
Rate=11Mb/s
          RTS thr=1600 B   Fragment thr=2344 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/1  Signal level:-98 dBm
Noise level:-200 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0
Missed beacon:0

------------------------------------

dldrconfig --info results in the following:

------------

Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices,
version 1.57

Web configurator: listening on 127.0.0.1:18020

Current parameters: ("dldrconfig --info")

Wireless interface name: wlan0 (format "wlan%d")
        MAC address    : 00:04:23:8F:8E:18
        Device instance:
PCI-0000:02:03.0-8086:1043-8086:2561
        Device driver  : w70n51
        Driver Version : 1.2.1.1
        Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100
LAN Card Driver
        Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini
PCI Adapter
        License owner  : kamrani at yahoo.com
        License key    : 60-A2-B3-69-34-DD
        License status : OK (Expires 2004-02-29)

-----------------

and I ran dldrconfig with dumpdiag but it is to
huge to send it here. I don't get much info from
it since I don't know what it all means.

Using the ifup wlan0, I get:
DHCP client is already running on wlan0

ifstatus wlan0 gives:
-----------------
dhcpcd running
wlan0 not up
wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"wireless"
Nickname:"laptop-ki"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.412GHz  Bit
Rate=11Mb/s
          RTS thr=1600 B   Fragment thr=2344 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/1  Signal level:-98 dBm
Noise level:-200 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0
Missed beacon:0

Many thanks in advance