[driverloader] Belkin F5D6020 & SUSE 8.2

Bob O'Neill bob at raoneill.com
Wed Mar 10 20:38:27 EST 2004

How do I persuade this card to respond?  ifconfig shows it is present, as does iwconfig.  I have changed the order of loading pcmcia to be before network during boot, as suggested in an earlier posting. I don't seem to be able to make it recognise its ESSID, even after using the config tool.  YAST2 doesn't recognise it as a wireless device, and if I change the sysconfig files to say it is it won't load at all.  Is there something else I should be looking for?  The card itself functions perfectly in Windows.  The system is a Toshiba Satellite with SUSE 8.2.  I have tried all the changes I can find, all the configs say it's there, but the light won't come on.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Bob O'Neill