[driverloader] Attempts using D-Link DWL-G630

Tom Watson tsw at johana.com
Tue Jun 15 00:34:54 EDT 2004

Well, I am now subscribed to the mailing list, so I thought I would
tell of my experiences here.

I've got a D-Link DWL-G630 (it uses the Marvell Chipset), and
all my attempts to get the DriverLoader operational have left me
looking at kernel panics.

Nothing I've tried seems to work.  First I tried RH9.0, and an
earlier version of DriverLoader (1.6?).  I have since updated my
2.4 kernel to the latest (2.4.26) and driverloader to 1.71.

Still I get "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address..."

and the kernel panics.

Wonderful, but VERY difficult to debug, and not much helps.
It is very tiring to reboot the computer after trying the options
that don't seem to work.

I know this card DOES work, since I was able to get it to work under
W98.

Further suggestions are welcome.  Thanks.
--
Tom Watson         Generic short signature
tsw at johana.com     (I'm at home now)