[driverloader] More concisely

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Mon Jul 19 21:35:31 EDT 2004

Hi Cristiano,

If I recall correctly you are using a SuSE kernel. These usually have
8k of stack, which is sufficient (based on the testing that we have
done) for the USR805410 (TI ACX 111) Windows driver, so you shouldn't
worry about this. Intel Centrino drivers (2100 and 2200bg) are much
larger stack consumers and more problematic, especially when combined
with Fedora kernels compiled with small 4K stacks.

In order to eliminate or at least reduce the stack overflow risks we
are working to increase the awareness of chipset manufacturers that
their drivers can also be used under Linux, making Fedora kernels and
patches for larger stack sizes available, and implementing special
workarounds in driverloader itself that attenuate the problem.

Marc

--
Marc Boucher
Linuxant inc.