[driverloader] broadcom wlan

daltrey basdlin at fastbk.com
Sun Sep 12 17:39:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new to this list and I'm probably asking a question that has been
answered before.  I did browse through the archive a bit, though.

I have SuSE 9.1 with the current kernel. I have an HP Pavilion zd7000
laptop with a broadcom wireless 802.11(g) card.

The linuxant driver loader is loaded and licensed.  I have configured
the encryption and I can access my wireless router via the wireless,
logging into the administrative pages.

Unfortunately, I can't reach any webpages.  (eth0 works fine & I have
attempted shutting eth0 down with ifdown so that wlan0 will be the only
active network card).

"iwconfig" reports the wlan0 is functioning and reports an IP number,
etc.  However, I don't seem to be picking up DNS information.  YAST does
not show any DNS server information in the network device configuration
options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Barrington Daltrey