[driverloader] error msg: "Device has been compiled with version 16 of Wireless Extension..."

Ya-Yunn Su yayunn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:10:05 EDT 2004

Hello,
I'm using driverloader on an IBM laptop with intel centrino wireless
chip. The OS is redhat 9 with a upgraded 2.4.24 kernel. The driver
seemed to work fine before, but the wireless connection droped this
afternoon. So i tried to figure out what the problem is. When I
started redhat-config-network, I got "Device eth1 has been compiled
with version 16 of Wireless Extension, while we are using verision 15.
Some things maybe broken...." Does anyone know what might cause this
error message? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jodie