[driverloader] Interaction between USB and Pcmcia Card

david david at dastekcom.com.au
Thu Mar 31 08:37:05 EST 2005

I installed the Linuxant driver to a IBM T20 laptop - running a generic
802.11G 54Mb Pcmcia card. Network functions ok with Linuxant
Driver,(except I have to load the card module from rc.local to get it
started - is driver supposed to be started after Network initialisation
and before ethernet ports are started?) however there must be some
interaction betwen the driver and the USB port. Randomly the  Pcmcia
network  card stops operating and the USB mouse also stops functioning.
This does not occurr with an 802.11b Orinocco which is supported
generically by FC3. I then have to shut down the system and restart to
get it operational - a soft boot causes multiple errors to occur to the
console screen. Removing the driver/crad fixes all above.

Thanks for any assistance.