[driverloader] WG511 + Acer Aspire 1350

Jamie W j.amie at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 23:38:32 EDT 2005

Hello,

Laptop: Acer Aspire 1350 Card: Netgear WG511
Problem: Freezing / Lock up when uploading sys file, and each time card is
inserted into slot

I've just installed Fedora Core 4.  After a sucessful installation of the
distro, I have followed the instructions on the linuxant web site, and
downloaded and installed the STK16 Kernel, and re-booted.  I then ran the
installer script as instructed and found my inf and sys files from my
windows partition.  I then clicked on upload on the final .sys file.  The
machine then froze.  I ended up unplugging the battery and power and then
re-booted.  Now each time I plug in the card the system freezes.  It also
will not boot (it hangs) if I leave the card in during start up.  If i leave
the card out and watch the screen during boot up I can see Driverloader
being installed.

The Netgear WG511 Card states that it is 'Made in Taiwan' and I have had no
joy in getting the card to work under Prism54 or Ndiswrapper, or using
Mandrake 10/10.1 or Fedora Core3.   The Linuxant driver was / appears to be
my last chance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jamie