[driverloader] do_softirq solution pending?

Bob Tracy rct at frus.com
Fri Feb 22 23:03:09 EST 2008

I got sucked-in by the 2.40 release of "driverloader", expecting that it
would have a fix for the do_softirq() problem that first appeared in the
2.6.24-rcX series.  Unfortunately, the module build still fails with that
series and later versions.

Is there a patch/workaround I can try?  I haven't been able to use
wireless with my old laptop and a current kernel since Nov. 8th of last
year :-(.