[hcflinux] e-tech pci56rwm

Edward Hoohenkerk edwardh at uwnet.nl
Sun Apr 21 16:00:58 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I have a strange problem, I reported earlier this week that the above
mentioned modem works fine.
It does but there is a strange phenomena.
When I boot linux and start wvdial it seems that the connection with the
modem is incomplete, he doesn't react on some ATI commands and
connection fails.
When I use hcfconfig, everything works fine again.
So everytime I connect to the internet I have to run hcfconfig first,
this is no big problem at all.
I wonder why linux seems to lose the configuration (modules?) somewhere,
and most of all am I doing something wrong ?
The os is suse-prof. 7.3

Is somebody familiar with this problem?
thanks,
Edward