[hcflinux] ports of hcf drivers to USB and /or other architectures?

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 15 14:44:17 EDT 2002

I guess this is really an open query directed to Marc, but others may
well be interested...

1) There seem to be quite a few USB modems out there based on the
Conexant hcf chips - what are the possibilities of developing linux-
drivers for use with these on x86 machines?

2) The playstation 2 has facilities for a USB modem (and indeed Sony are
meant to be releasing a modem in a couple of months - which will
probably be a rebadged unit I guess).
a) Are conexant involved in producing anything for the Sony 'mass-
market' (ie non-linux)? (I should really ask conexant that one direct)

b) Is there any possibility of porting linux hcf drivers to the mips/ps2
architecture (currently  there are only a few USB modems which are known
to  work under ps2-linux - and I think the only usb support is for
usb_serial)

Bob Hall
--
robert w hall