[hcflinux] Newby "trying" to install HCF modem

Darragh darraghoheiligh at eircom.net
Tue Aug 27 01:04:14 EDT 2002

Hello,

I've being trying for a while to install this modem.  The full details
including computer specification, model number and modem name are below.  If
possible could someone give me detailed instructions for installing it?
I've being trying a few things so far with setserial and wvdialconf with no
luck.  If possible could someone tell me how to uninstall any existing modem
drivers that I may have installed?  I should also make it known that I am
restricted to the bash prompt.

Computer and operating system details follow
Modem name : Conexant HCF PCI modem
Moddle number : 1456pci-r
AMD XP 2100+
Globalwin cooler
Epox 8KHAL
32MB TNT2 AGP graphics card
512MB DDR
80GB hard drive
16x/10x/40x CD-RW
16x/48x DVD Slot in
Typhoon digital sound card
3Com 10/100 network card
Floppy drive
300W ATX Midi tower
Operating system name : Red hat 7.3
Kurnel version : 2.4.18_5
The kurnel sees my processor as an I686.

If any more information would be useful I'll try to get it as soon as
possible.

Thanks in advance

Darragh