[hcflinux] Re: Downloading Conexant driver

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 23:55:41 EST 2003

Thank you John, I couldn't for the life of me remember having to do any
special setup to make my windows partition mountable from Mdk 9 (but, my
memory sometimes....). The Mdk installer is really quite the work of art.
:-)
IIRC, Mdk 8.2 also set up my windows partition as mountable.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Linux to the people.

--Angus

"We are all One, One Energy, from One Light. Let us band together as Humans,
with love for all humanity, living each day in harmony with Mother Earth,
our Sacred Garden."--Anon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++Reg.Linux User#278931++++
+++Powered by Mandrake 9.0+++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

----Original Message Follows----
From: JC Spray <jcs116 at york.ac.uk>

With regard to Karl's comments, I cannot help but think that perhaps he
did not mean exactly what he said.  To specify a mount point for a
pre-existing windows partition onto a pre existing linux partition, there
is no partitioning utility involved, it is simply a case of creating the
directory where you wish to mount the windows partition and updating
/etc/fstab accordingly.

Also, it is not true that no distribution sets up mount points for vfat
partitions: Mandrake 9.0 is peculiar in that it does in fact configure the
system to mount any windows partitions that it finds at install times on
/mnt/win_c and /mnt/win_d etc.  On a default mandrake installation where
there was already the windows partition present at install time, a simple
"mount /mnt/win_c" ought to work.

--John Spray (jcs116 at york.ac.uk)