[hcflinux] HCf compatibility

Pavel Sorejs sorejs at ms2.dkm.cz
Mon Jun 9 23:34:00 EDT 2003

-Hello,
-
-1. Are the HCF drivers supposed to make a winmodem (such as a Conexant HCF
v90 56k) compatible with Redhat 7.3?
-
-2. If this is true, I was wondering how do I take the driver I downloaded
from Windows and place it onto Redhat so that I may be able to log onto the
internet with Redhat as well. I have the appropriate driver downloaded onto
a disk. I just need to know if it is possible to get it to redhat and how.
Thanks

You can simply mount your FAT32 partition on linux and copy files with
Midnight Commander or simillar (you can try to type  'man mount' into console)
I have tested drivers on Redhat 7.3 and Redhat 8.0 and works fine (except
receiving faxes :(( )

BTW: RTFM!!

Pavel Sorejs