[hcflinux] Problems with Quake III Arena

Michael Bartlett me at mydigitalself.net
Mon Dec 22 15:00:59 EST 2003

Hi all,

Difficult one this as Loki no longer exists! I blew the dust of my Q3A over the weekend and got it up and running on my Linux box. I've got my HSF-based sound card working just fine under normal conditions, but when I play Q3A, as the game starts the sound card makes some random popping noise and then never runs. The Q3A console reports "system sound is muted" for some reason. I see on the web page that there was feature regarding "direct access interface" and I was wondering if that was a problem like that at all considering XMMS runs just fine, but Q3A doesn't?

If you have any suggestions to help me, that would be great,

Cheers
Michael