[hcflinux] Re: mandrake 9.2 and hcf -AopenFM56-PX

cn ctn52796 at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 23 13:36:03 EST 2003

Mandrake control center can't find my modem and it just hangs on
"net_monitor" in the shell...

Alright, so I used minicom as su, with /dev/ttySHCF0 as the serial or
whatever. By typing the "at" command I got "ok", meaning that the modem is
hooked up. I was able to get my regular phone to ring;  evidently it works
properly.

 I then tried to connect to my isp and I had this on the screen...
CONNECT 9600

        *                                                    *
        *    WARNING --- WARNING --- WARNING --- WARNING     *
        *                                                    *
        *    !Unauthorized Access is Strictly Forbidden!     *
        *                                                    *
        * Unauthorized access to networks, systems, hosts    *
        * or any other resources is strictly forbidden.      *
        * Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent *
        * of the law.                                        *
        *                                                    *

User Access Verification

Username: xxxxxxx
Password:  xxxxxxx
choice:
Entering PPP mode.
Async interface address is unnumbered (FastEthernet0)
Your IP address is xx.xx.xx.xxx. MTU is 1500 bytes
Header compression will match your system.

!}"}&}~
NO CARRIER

I was connected for around 5-10 seconds and then received the output at the
very bottom.  It must be some kind of setting inside minicom, but I have no
idea what it would be.

Does anyone know what this means and/or how to fix it?