[hcflinux] PPC driver on iBook2 (dual USB+firewire): No dialtone

Edd Dumbill edd at usefulinc.com
Mon Mar 22 16:46:28 EST 2004

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 04:32, Marc Boucher wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 12:08:00PM +0100, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> > First, thanks to Marc for his work on this driver.
> >
> > Unfortunately I've stumbled on some difficulties in getting it to work
> > with my iBook2.

Thanks to Marc and BenH I've now got the driver working.  I updated
kernel to 2.4.20-pre5 (solves the module unloading issue) and the
drivers to the hcfusbmodem-0.98mbsibeta02090200ppc drop.

Using ATX1 to disable dialtone detection I was able to connect to my ISP
without problems, and get a steady PPP connection.

> > On initialisation, I get this message printed to the console:
> >
> > 0169482.617: HCF: !!!ERROR: wrong ring params???
>
> This can probably be safely ignored for now.. We plan on fixing it soon.

This error disappeared with the new drop of the drivers.

Thanks for your help again Marc.

-- Edd