[hcflinux] Re: hcfpcimodem-1.10 and Hylafax

Mark Hellman markhellman at techie.com
Fri May 19 04:54:59 EDT 2006

Mark Hellman wrote:

> Hylafax's configuration script reported «There is no prototype
> configuration file for your modem» and proposed the following
> configuration parameters:

Well, since I rebooted the system, Hylafax's faxaddmodem script is able to
identify the modem. Here goes a transcript of the relevant section of
faxaddmodem output:

      This modem looks to have support for Class 1 and 1.0.
      How should it be configured [1]? 1.0

      Hmm, this looks like a Class 1.0 modem.
      Product code (ATI0) is "56000".
      Other information (ATI3) is "hcfpcimodem-1.10full".
      DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]?
      Modem manufacturer is "Rockwell/Conexant".
      Modem model is "AC/K56".

      Using prototype configuration file conexant-1.0...

      The modem configuration parameters are:

      ModemFlowControl:       rtscts
      ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3
      ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K0