[hsflinux] driver 8086 2486

Sören Vogel soeren.vogel at phil.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Apr 9 14:34:53 EDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Marc Boucher wrote:

> Have you tried doing what the messages suggest?
>
> > PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device
> 00:1f.6. Please try using pci=biosirq.

Hi Marc and hsf users,

I've tried everything suggested, but modem still remains
'busy'. Maybe some other users could post or send me some
hints concerning systems, architechtures, and (in the case
of) kernel .config-files. Actually I'm rebuilding a new one.
I am using a Sony vaio notebook (PCG-GR315MP). And recently,
I've recognized the Sony programmable interrupt controller
(and of course the driver for it) but it doesn't work, too
:-(. I think the driver will serve me more user-machine
interface services, like the fn keys or the sony wheel. And
maybe it is responsible for the missing irq-dedection of
lots of stuff, too. But that's not my field and I have to
test.

So, any more suggestions?

Thanks You,

Soeren, from Germany.