[hsflinux] [hsflinux-announce] Linuxant releases significantly enhanced Conexant HCF and HSF drivers

Michael McConnell soruk at eridani.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 01:49:20 EDT 2003

>From the website:

> We would like to express our gratitude to all the people who have
> contributed to our past beta testing programs and to the Linux project by
> entitling everyone who has been specifically thanked in the CHANGES file of
> our drivers, or whose email address specifically appears in the MAINTAINERS
> or CREDITS file of the kernel, or posted more than 10 times to our mailing
> lists before the first official release on Sept 8th 2003 to a complimentary
> (non-transferable) license. If you qualify, simply sign up for an account
> and then email community at linuxant.com to request your license.

It is unfortunate that, despite having given access to my Vaio to correct
some issues resulting VIA AC97 fixes being released (including June 18th
2002 and August 24th 2002) I was not mentioned in the Credits file in either
occasion.

And, in addition I therefore didn't know about this deadline until after it
had passed.

As a result of such fantastic treatment I will not be buying a licence, and
will continue to use the previous release which happens to work well for me
at 56K.

-- Michael (who has just about had it with helping others and getting a kick
in the teeth as a result)