[hsflinux] IPCop 56V14HSF install?

M. Emal Alekozai memala at gmx.net
Fri Aug 11 17:50:23 EDT 2006

Hallo,

I want to use the HSF driver (Modem: 56V14HSF) under the linux distribution IPCop [1] (preconfigured small Linux Firewall project for old hardware).

1: http://ipcop.org/

The problem is:
In the standard case "IPCop" has no compilers, no make and no kernel headers.

So my questions are:
1. Does someone else in the mailinglist use IPCop with the  HSF Software modem driver?

2. What would be the standard strategy to get the driver working under IPCop?
=> I alredy tought of trying to compile the driver under a Debian desktop pc (with the same kernel version as IPCOP) and then try to copy the compiled modem kernel modules on IPCop firewall.
=> the only problem is which files do I have to copy and which settings in the config files have to be done?

Thanks in advance
regards Memala