[hsflinux] Best Data "Smart One" USB modem with Conexant chipset

David J Bush twixt at cstone.net
Tue Nov 21 07:22:43 EST 2006

Thanks very much for your help.

| The modem have a good chance to be based on a Conexant HSF chipset but I
| can't confirm that it will be supported by the HSF driver without the
| USB ID of the modem.

FCC #
FN6USA-33445-M5-E

Is that what you mean?

| You could try with the HSF driver that you can download at: ...

That driver and installer are intended for Linux. I don't have Linux yet.

I noticed that webpage said in the "agreement" clause, number 7:

  "Public networks currently limit download speeds to about 53Kbps.
   The free version of the drivers is limited to 14.4Kbps.
   Actual speeds vary and are often less than the maximum possible."

Do I have to pay for a driver that will download at 56K? How much?

Just to be redundant, here is the information from my previous post.

The largest chip on the board says:

CONEXANT
SMARTV.90+
CX81801-34