[hsflinux] Voice without modem

Ben Smith le.ben.smith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:18:09 EDT 2007

I successfully installed the HSF drivers and the modem dials and such.
 Thanks for making all that available.  The main thing I'm interested
in, though, is using the voice functionality of the modem.  I haven't
been able to get that working and the documentation makes no
guarantees that it will work.

I was wondering if there's a way to make the drivers treat the modem
as an ordinary alsa sound device (no AT commands).  If so, how does
one tell the modem to go on and off hook and detect when the phone
rings?

Thanks,
--Ben