[hsflinux] Use of the modem as a soundcard

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:26:37 EDT 2009

I am sure this mail will be ignored, but still.

You say that conexant modems are just soundcards with ring
detection/hook off on.
Is this true?

If so why you can't publish the interface to use only hardware features?
I could easilly use this device as a phone, for example.
Or somebody could implement a independent library for modulation, and
use it over this 'sound card'

Or I could record phone conversations , or I could create a custom
answer machine....

Or even invent a custom modulation and transmit using it.