[hsflinux] Unable to dial or receive fax

Jim Kyle jim at jimkyle.com
Thu Jun 25 12:27:17 EDT 2009

I'm trying to switch my fax receiving system from Win98SE to Xubuntu
Linux 8.10, and the modem refuses to generate any tones under Linux
although it's working perfectly in Win98SE. I've attached the results
of hsfconfig's diagnostic report...

Searching for answers in the Ubuntu forums brought up one other
similar situation, which was cured by modifying the pcibasic2.c file
in the modules directory of the sources. However it involved a
different model of the modem so I'm hesitant to make such a change
without help from you...

I also found a similar report in the archives here, from last
November, but no response to the question. Can you help me find
resolution for the problem?