[riptide] Install problems on SuSE 8.0

James Petersen jpeter20@yahoo.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 20:49:00 -0800 (PST)

Hello to all,

Is anyone having success installing the Riptide
drivers on an HSF 127A:4311, with the 2.4.18-4GB SuSE
8.0 kernel?  I'm getting depmod errors which seem the
same as the last time I tried to install the Riptide
beta drivers, which was probably about 4 months ago.
I'm wondering if the riptide RPM actually has some
dependencies that weren't programmed into the RPM
dependency list...  Maybe all I need to do is install
some package from SuSE first, to provide the missing
symbols?  Here are the errors:

#ripconfig
Linux RIPTIDE audio/communication drivers, version
0.4mbsibeta02110300

WARNING: this is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA VERSION of the
RIPTIDE drivers for Linux.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! See the file
/usr/lib/riptide/LICENSE for details.

Conexant Systems neither distributes nor maintains
this package.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT CONEXANT REGARDING THIS
SOFTWARE!!!
If you require assistance or need more information, go
to:
              http://www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv

Warning: existing RIPTIDE modules found under
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/misc/
Would you like to keep using them? [no]

Pre-built RIPTIDE modules that seem compatible with
your system were found under
/usr/lib/riptide/modules/binaries/i686/SuSE/linux-2.4.18-4GB.
Would you like to use them? [yes]
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/usr/lib/riptide/modules/binaries/i386/SuSE/linux-2.4.18-4GB/riptideint.o
depmod:         kmap_pagetable
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/usr/lib/riptide/modules/binaries/i386/SuSE/linux-2.4.18-4GB/riptidelow.o
depmod:         kmap_pagetable
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/usr/lib/riptide/modules/binaries/i386/SuSE/linux-2.4.18-4GB/riptidesound.o
depmod:         kmap_pagetable

RIPTIDE module configuration completed.

To begin, I downloaded then installed the RPM with the
simple rpm install command, using the prebuilt SuSE
2.4.18-4GB RPM's.  I first installed the hsflinmodem
RPM, which seemed to install without any errors, then
installed the riptide RPM.

Thanks for any suggestions you may be able to provide
on how you solved these errors.

--Jim Petersen