[driverloader] encrypted wireless to wired bridge

Jeff Sadowski jeff_sadowski at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 18:01:58 EST 2003

My encrypted wireless network worked fine by itself.
I tryed to bridge the wireless network with my
wired network. I got a dhcp address from my
dhcp server over the wirless but after that I
cannot ping the server. this is my setup

phoneline->wireless_server_with_dhcpserver->air

air->wireless_to_wired_bridge->wired_network
 \
  \___other_wireless_computers

and it works up till the bridge. The setup
above works fine with the other wireless computers
and it also works if I don't use a wep key.
ie: the wired computers can communicate with wireless
computers if i turn of wep encryption.

but when I turn on wep the bridge and the wired
computers cannot communicate over ip. Whats strange
is that they still get a dhcp address from the
wireless dhcpserver.

here is my script

#!/bin/bash
dldrconfig=/usr/sbin/dldrconfig
iwconfig=/usr/sbin/iwconfig
ifconfig=/sbin/ifconfig
dhcpcd=/sbin/dhcpcd

${dldrconfig} -l
"jeff_sadowski at yahoo.com/2A-70-40-57-33-27"
${iwconfig} eth1 mode ad-hoc
${iwconfig} eth1 essid linux

#the line I want to uncomment is below
#${iwconfig} eth1 key s:test

brctl=/usr/local/sbin/brctl
ifconfig=/sbin/ifconfig
route=/sbin/route
dhcpcd=/sbin/dhcpcd
cat=/bin/cat
cut=/usr/bin/cut

${brctl} addbr br0
${brctl} stp br0 off
${brctl} addif br0 eth1
${brctl} addif br0 eth0

${ifconfig} eth1 down
${ifconfig} eth0 down
${ifconfig} eth1 0.0.0.0 up
${ifconfig} eth0 0.0.0.0 up

${dhcpcd} br0 -h "`${cat} /etc/HOSTNAME|${cut} -d.
-f1`"