[driverloader] Broadcom 4301 on Mandrake 10.0RC1 [eid-20040301-f99]

freon freon at texas.net
Mon Mar 1 20:31:17 EST 2004

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your assistance. I followed your instructions to modify the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file so that it contains the
items listed.

The 'iwlist scanning' command shows the correct information for eth0
under Cell 01. The plan is to use DHCP.

The 'ifdown eth0" command gave the error:
RTNETLINK answers: No such device or address

The 'ifup eth0" command gave the error:
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A): SET failed on device
eth0; Operation not supported.
Can't find a dhcp client.

The Mandrake tool still does not see the card, or allow any
configuration. I will email the 'dumpdiag' file separately.