[driverloader] Failure Dell Inspiron 5100 & Dell True Mobil 1300 mini Card

Bob Talbot talbotrobert at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 18:08:23 EDT 2005

I have purchased the Wan Driver package.

I have installed several times but the wireless card will not activate.

Here is my situation.

Dual Boot Dell 5100 Inspiron Laptop   WinXP Pro and Suse Pro 9.3

2.6.11.4-21.9-default

 Dell True Mobil 1300 Wan Card with latest inf & sys files from Dell.

 Netgear 21x4x Pcmcia NIC card which I am using NOW.

 BroadCom BCM4401 on motherboard which is Broken. and not configured I
installed automatically from the WEB site failed. The card does not activate
not even local net pinging. I Double checked mac address it is correct to
license.

The card performs correctly with WinDose.

I also tried from command line dldrinstall to install again.

I also attempted after a rpm -e on the driverloader and started from
scratch.

I know this card works with linux as I have corresponded with others who
have used the NDIS wrapper plain wrapper method with success. I thought I
would save myself a headache by using the Linuxant auto install. I guess I
was wrong as I have problems.

 Perhaps I have made an error on each  attempt but I can't see it.

Please help me get this going as the Wireless connection is essential in my
Business the Cat5 connection is seldom used.

Thank You

Bob Talbot